Saturday, August 11, 2012

Textures texures

This week reveal at CSI is such a soothing selection of colors. Hop over now.

I want to share with you some tips in making this page:
1) To create the textured background, I took a piece of kleenx (tissue paper) and some teal paints. Dab over the tissue and it absorbs the paints. You can very interesting creases and textures along the way.

2) I added burlap behind the photos. You can get burlap from Spotlight. I got mine from Australia Spotlight while holidaying there last year. I hope the Singapore store carries this fantastic materials.

3) I found a very 'holey' trim among my Maya Arts trim... another possible way of adding textures.

4) Finally splatter some brown paints over. I also spray a pearl mist over the painted areas.

Hope you like these techniques I share today. Go and try them! Have fun

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

You are SO good at adding texture to your projects, Wendy! I love the burlap here and LOVE the effect you got with the Kleenex. Beautiful distressing and design, too, as always!